Mental wellbeing describes your mental state – how you are feeling and how well you can cope with day-to-day life.
Our mental wellbeing is dynamic. It can change from moment to moment, day to day, month to month or year to year.
If you have good mental wellbeing you are able to:
- feel relatively confident in yourself and have positive self-esteem
- feel and express a range of emotions
- build and maintain good relationships with others
- feel engaged with the world around you
- live and work productively
- cope with the stresses of daily life
- adapt and manage in times of change and uncertainty